A very rare opportunity exists with the opportunity to purchase this prime development site. The first time it has been offered separate from the adjacent large resort complex in over 20 years.
A very prominent and high exposure site that boasts wide frontage to the main (the only) road into Port Douglas village centre. There is a formed public walkway direct to the beach directly opposite the site. The ‘Bally Hooley’ tourist train has a pickup/drop off platform directly out the front for town access.
The property meets the Mirage Country Club Golf Course to the rear. Opportunities would exist for both access and memberships as well as potential hinterland sunset views.
The site has been used as the sporting and leisure centre for the neighbouring resort for many years. Constructed is a 25 metre lap pool with 8 painted lanes which has a large timber sun deck surrounding and a covered gazebo structure. There are two (2) tennis courts (hard court) both lit and fenced along with a gymnasium. The gymnasium being now open plan was previously a single level dwelling with kitchen, bathroom, living, two bedrooms and veranda – it would have potential as a display and sales centre. In previous years the open grassed area has successfully hosted the privately run Moonlight Cinema and earlier was a small pitch and putt golf course.
The property at a glance
- 1.745 Hectares (4.311 Acres)
- 100m frontage to Port Douglas Road
- 96m frontage to Mirage Country Club Golf Course
- Existing facilities include;
- 25m, 8 lane lap pool with sun deck
- 2 Tennis courts with Lights & Fencing
- Fully equipped gym (ex-dwelling)
- Tropical gardens with pathways
- Nestled between two (2) large resorts
- Beach walkway is directly opposite
- Tourist train platform directly out front
- Medium Density Residential zoning – with Tourist Accommodation zoning adjacent
Offered FOR SALE via Written Offers to be submitted by 4:00pm Friday 15th March. Blank contract document will be made available on request. All enquiries to Exclusive listing agent Callum Jones on 0437 981 195 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Property Code: 647
For more details, please email agent